The concept of disintermediation has been a popular topic in recent years, and many manufacturers and suppliers have already made this step. Whether it’s a good or bad idea depends on a lot of factors.
However, "Business is always about metrics" — so reasons for such approach are connected to time requirements, business needs and client’s expectations. COVID-19 pandemic only emphasized and accelerated this trend in 2020.
Let’s look at this from different perspectives
- Want to sell their products as quickly as possible
- Have a financial incentive to sell directly, i.e. they may have a higher margin or at least a greater control over their margins
- Strive to know more about their consumers and to tell more about their products and themselves
- Do not want to speak to sales representatives in the vast majority of cases
- Require control, dynamic shopping experiences and access to what they see on their landing page
- Are no longer happy to only have a basic online buying process, they expect their experience to be as good as in their everyday B2C life
- Are been judged more and more according to the standards established by Amazon or Ebay, and not just by archaic ordering system with sales representatives that still handwriting all their orders
- Feel fairly clear that salespeople should be responsible for winning new business, and they can no longer work within the sales function
- Need to show more value to manufacturers/suppliers and support mutually beneficial attitudes such as: reducing costs, increasing sales and providing a customer experience that remains a key differentiator between you and your competitors
Follow the digital transformation wherever possible, create the necessary environment:
- Where highly skilled professionals will perform those skills that best reflect their special abilities
- Where the sales function will be automated and integrated with other company systems to improve efficiency
- Where your clients will get their best ever buying experience
- Where you will be able to be closer to your customers - share important information about your products and talk about your sustainability and other approaches
Suplery is a B2B solution for the professional cosmetics industry that enables better customer retention, significantly increases the productivity of the sales process and level of service, reduces operational costs, and helps to get new clients.
The Suplery platform integrates with your customers' various CRM systems. This allows customers to automatically order exactly the products they need for the next period, offer them new products and promotions, and automatically solve common problems encountered during the ordering process.